21 April 2009

Followup: Genocide Prevention Month

All right, folks. This blog has gotten a lot of hits over the past couple of weeks, but I didn't get any comments on that last post! Did any of you watch a film or read a book about genocide? Do any of you have any recommendations for me or for other blog readers? I'm working on another post about Genocide Prevention Month, but before I get there I would love to hear some input on what you are learning and thinking about. (It's okay if you don't know me; I'd love it if you introduce yourself.)

So... anyone?

2 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

Hi Missy, I stalk you.

I've been thinking about poverty and the stark and nasty divide between the rich and the poor in this world. And how, often, the rich don't think they're rich and the poor don't think they're poor. And whether that's good or bad or both. It's been rolling around in my brain.

... that's loosely connected to genocide, right?

missy. said...

I think so, liz. Especially because ethnic tensions are often exploited by those in power, in order to further their own interests. And as we know, "their own interests" is usually code for "money, money, money."

I think about that all the time, too.